NEXT EVENT: 2015 Sapinus Pro, Tahiti
The World Tour’s heritage in Tahiti spans back to its origins, with the first ever exhibition event, the Stand Up World Tour Contenders taking place on its shores and featuring some of Stand Up Paddling’s most celebrated characters. Fast forward 5 years, and we saw 3 year’s of mindblowing action go down at the Sapinus Pro, the full status World Tour event that took place from 2010 – 2012, with 2010 – 11 providing some of the most dramatic Stand UP Paddlesurfing ever witnessed, as barrel riding a stand up board in giant, powerful surf was taken to a whole new level.
After a 2 year hiatus, the Sapinus Pro returns in 2015, to bring back the Tahitian presence on the Stand Up World Tour Calendar and in celebration of the sheer wealth of talent emanating from the islands. From their leading light Poenaiki Raioha (F-One), to fellow young guns Mauiki Raioha (F-One), Tehotu Wong and Nainoa David (Naish), not to mention the legends, Arsene Harehoe (Rogue SUP), Vetea (Poto) David (Naish) and Guillaume Bourligueux, but also the likes of Patrice Chanzy (F-One), Monnier Manutea (F-One) and Dorrence David), the battle for the top spot amongst the Tahitians will be fierce and the challenge they present to the rest of the World is intimidating!
Here is the provisional heat draw for the Main Event pending final confirmations:
Logistic Information – download the Athlete information pack by CLICKING HERE
- Flight specials (10% discount) on Air Tahiti Nui with surfboard carriage – booking code to be sent to athletes once registered. Visit www.airtahitinui.com for more information on routes and flight schedules
- Hawaiian Airlines fly directly from Hawaii, with weekly flights on Saturdays. Visit www.hawaiianairlines.com
- Le Meridien Tahiti is the host hotel offering high end accommodation opposite the spot. Discounted rates are available and here are the contact details: firstname.lastname@example.org / +689 40 47 07 07 / web: www.lemeridientahiti.com
- Tahiti Manava Assciation proposes special rates of XPF 3,500 (about $30) per person per night, or XPF 4,500 (about $40) per person incl. car hire. For more information, please visit www.tahitimanava.pf or email email@example.com. Here are the accommodation options:
- Pension de la Plage (600m to Sapinus)
- Omaha Lodge (2.8km)
- Tara Lodge (3.8km)
- Relais Fenua (3.8km)
- Te Miti (4.1km)
- Hiti Moana Villa (16.2km)
- www.booking.com and inputing Punaauia as the location can deliver some good options
- Other options include:
- Manava Suite Resort Tahiti: www.spmhotels.pf(5km) / firstname.lastname@example.org / +689 40 50 84 69
- Tahiti Manava: www.tahitimanava.pf / email@example.com / +689 87 31 09 18
- Pension Armelle: (right at the spot) – http://www.booking.com/hotel/pf/pension-armelle-bed-amp-breakfast.html
- Pension TeMiti: http://www.pensiontemiti.com (7km) / firstname.lastname@example.org- / +689 58 48 61
Sorry, No Comments, Yet !
There are no comments for this article at this moent, but you can be first one to leave a comment.