2013 Turtle Bay Finals, Oahu
The topography at Turtle Bay provides the perfect arena for this prestigious World Championship Final, with the ultimate sprint racing course to the west of the property, lining the shoreline and running through the surf at ‘Pool Bars’ surf break. The racing is intense, and provides a spectacular sporting showdown for on site and online viewers to watch from all over the world as it all comes down to the wire for the World Championship Title at Turtle Bay.
The long distance runs from Turtle Bay down to Haleiwa: just under 13 miles of open ocean with trade winds providing performance downwind paddling, but also sections of the race that require real strategy and jostling for position as the world’s best will face the final dramatic challenge of the year.
In 2013, the Waterman League and Turtle Bay are proud to announce the Turtle Bay SUP Festival, featuring youth championships, equipment and technique seminars as well as practical on the water training sessions, all in the lead up to the prestigious final weekend of racing. Stay tuned to www.watermanleague.com for news of this full week of action at Turtle Bay on the beautiful North Shore of Oahu.
Leaders Coming Into the Finals
Current Men’s Top 10 – Stand Up World Series
|5||Mo Freitas||HI||Focus/Body Glove||25|
|8||Eric Terrien||FR||Bic SUP||33|
Current Women’s Top 10 – Stand Up World Series
Thursday: Free Clinic with World Champion Kai Lenny
- Registration at Oakley at Turtle Bay
- 10am: Entry level Clinic with 2012 World Champion, Kai Lenny at Kawela Bay
- 1pm: Performance Racing Clinic with Kai Lenny at Turtle Bay
Friday: Stand Up World Series Media and Welcome Day
- 10am – 12pm: Press meet and greet
- 2pm: Press meet and greet / demos on the East side of the property in front of Ola’s restaurant
- 4.30pm – 5.30pm: Athlete general meeting
- 5.30pm – 6.30pm: Registration at Surfer the Bar
- 6.30pm – 7pm: Press Conference and Meet the athletes: ***open to public
- 7pm: Talk Story with Brian Keaulana & Archie Kalepa. ***open to public
- Live music by Saloon Pilots@9pm
Saturday: Stand Up World Series Long Distance Race (13miles: Turtle Bay to Ali’i Beach Park, Haleiwa)
- 9am – 11am: Service for George Ramos at Sunset Beach
- 12pm: Check in at Turtle Bay for the Long Distance Race
- 1pm: Start of the Long Distance at Turtle Bay (Pool Bar side)
- 2.15pm – 4pm: Estimated finish time in Haleiwa
- 5.30pm: Happy Hour at Hang Ten, Turtle Bay
- 6.30pm: Movie Screening: Best of the Stand Up World Series screening at Surfer the Bar
Sunday: Stand Up World Series Sprint Racing
- 9am – 11am: Na Kama Kai youth event and clinic (Kuilima Cove – in front of Ola’s Restaurant)
- 11am: check in at Hang Ten Pool Bar
- 12pm – 5pm: World Series Sprint Elimination (spectator viewing by Hang Ten)
- 4pm: Semi Finals & Finals for the World Series Sprints
- 5.30pm: Awards Ceremony at Kuilima Point – 2013 World Champions to be crowned
- 6pm: Dinner and Live Music by Braddha Mel Pu’u at Kuilima Point
- 9pm: Official after party at Surfer the Bar****open to public
Join the List for Continuous Updates
The topography at Turtle Bay provides the perfect arena for this prestigious World Championship Final, with the ultimate sprint racing course to the west of the property, lining the shoreline and running through the surf at 'Pool Bars' surf break. The racing is intense,View Full Gallery
TOP 5 EVENT RESULTS
Sorry, No Comments, Yet !
There are no comments for this article at this moent, but you can be first one to leave a comment.