Following on from his impressive win yesterday in the Sprint finals, Mo continued to show his ability as an all-round
After another spectacular year for the Stand Up World (Surfing) Tour that took the leading edge of performance Stand Up Paddlesurfing to a whole new level, we are proud to announce the 2014 schedule.
The Tour will consist of 6 stops in 2014, as the flagship locations of the World Tour remain, and an old favorite returns. With increased prize-money, significantly raised profile in each location as well as developed live broadcasts and increased TV distribution, 2014 promises to be the most dynamic and dramatic yet for the Stand Up World Tour with an improved experience for both athletes and audience.
Furthermore, as the global melting pot of talent continues to develop at an impressive rate, the action on Tour in 2014 will not disappoint. Here are the scheduled Stand Up World Tour stops for 2014, and please note that the Grand Slam events (Brazil, Abu Dhabi & Huntington Beach) will feature both World Tour Surfing and World Series Racing:
- Sunset Beach, Oahu: 8th – 16th February (combined with the Turtle Bay Pro for the women, running concurrently with the Men)
- Brazil Pro Grand Slam: 29th March – 6th April (featuring World Surfing Tour & World Series Racing for both Men and Women)
- Abu Dhabi All Stars Grand Slam: 11th – 19th April (featuring World Surfing Tour & World Racing Series for both Men and Women)
- Tahiti Pro: 26th May – 2nd June (World Surfing Tour for Men)
- Huntington Beach Pro Grand Slam: 15th – 21st September (featuring World Surfing Tour & World Racing Series for both Men and Women)
- La Torche Pro France: 25th October – 2nd November (World Surfing Tour for both Men & Women)
While we are still working on a Location X project for 2014, as far as the official stops on the World Tour to determine the 2014 World Champion is concerned, this is the lowdown.